👀 Bitloops @ a Glance
At its core, Bitloops Language has been designed and built by incorporating software development best practices and methodologies such as clean code, clean / layered / hexagonal architecture, and SOLID principles that empower developers to build high-quality software that is maintainable, flexible and reliable much faster when compared to traditional programming tools and languages.
⚠️ Please keep in mind that the Bitloops Language is in its early stages and under very active development. Expect bugs and limitations. Full backward compatibility is not guaranteed before reaching v1.0.0.
Build better software faster, much faster
- Write clean code in an intuitive and structured approach
- Follow best practices to ensure the code and software can be easily understood by other developers
- Create objects with high cohesion and loose coupling between each other
- Separate the busienss logic from the technical aspects which leads to more robust and flexible systems
- Focus on the core domain or problem, and not worry about boilerplate code
What we love the most about Bitloops is that developers can focus on what they do best: solving problems!
Software written with Bitloops Language is easier to read, understand and maintain, which means other developers (and even you in 6 months) can quickly start building on top of existing code.
Benefits of using Bitloops Language
You're probably thinking: should I really learn a new language?
We've highlight below several benefits of the Bitloops Language, but probably the most important is that it will make you a better software engineer. You will better understand how to build high-quality software, why certain principles or patterns make software easier to maintain and manage, and this knowledge can be applied to any language.
Its also really easy to learn... 😀
If you're still not convinced, here's the full list of benefits:
- Software you'll be proud of! Well designed and written, easy to understand and follow!
- High productivity by focusing on the core domain/problem, having less boilerplate code to build, manage and debug and more quickly being able to develop new features
- Easy to learn and intuitive syntax
- Learn about key software development best practices, patterns and methodologies such as Domain-Driven Design (DDD), Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Layered / Hexagonal Architecture.
- Testing is treated as a 1st class citizen in the software development process
- Add different API controllers (REST, GraphQL, gRPC) with just a few lines of code
- Switch between Modular Monolith or Microservices architecture within minutes as all messages are moved through either in-memory or distributed message buses depending on your deployment choice
- Significantly reduce the amount of boilerplate code you need to write, maintain and debug
- Improved alignment between business and engineering with a natural ubiquitous language
- Ability to transpiles to widely used programming languages for maximum compatibility with existing code (currently TypeScript support, Go, Java, C#, C++ or maybe even Rust or Carbon to follow in the near future)
Yes, BL is different. But at the same time, BL is the same. That's the beauty of it. What Bitloops has done is to empower you to quickly and accurate build code exactly how you would like to build it!
💡 Read more about Bitloops’ vision and “Big Idea”
🛠️ Run the Quick Start example to get an idea of Bitloops’ potential